Work out at home in your own box at home.
Do you have a spare room on the ground floor or a garage you could use?
If you do then this article is for you. It covers what you need, the cost implications and how to make your perfect crossfit home gym. Before starting any gym project it is essential that you already have the skills you need in order to workout safely at home. We would recommend you visit your local box and do a few sessions there learning all the basics & how to lift safely. Once you are confident with all the basics then it’s time to build your perfect box at home.
Below I will show a list of essentials for your new box/gym at home:
To have to successful home box gym you will need:
- A safe working space you can use that is not dangerous
- Speed ropes are an essential for warming up and doing double unders
- You will need an Olympic bar & plates. Preferably bumper plates as they will last longer, protect to floor or lifting platform. The bar should weight 20kg.
- A chin up bar, or similar. Better than this would be olympic rings and something you can hang them on
- Kettlebells are a great addition to any home gym find a weight that is challenging
- Having a medicine ball will be great for wall ball squats
- Rubber flooring is a good idea, not only to reduce noise while dropping weights it will also protect your floor and offer a softer surface for your joints
- You will also need a box usually 24″ high to do your plyometric jumps
- A decent set of dumbells taking you from low weight upto your max
- Finally a squat rack or bar stands